JOB POSTING: PART-TIME RETAIL TEAM MEMBER
Posting date: Monday, October 21, 2019
ABOUT WOOLY DOODLE
Wooly Doodle is a quickly growing Canadian clothing company based in Chatham, Ontario. We focus on creating comfortable, functional and gender-neutral clothing the entire family can enjoy and all our products are ethically handmade out of sustainably sourced fabrics and materials. We are a small but mighty, passionate team and we believe in creating a workplace that supports learning, personal development and having FUN on the job.
We are looking to add part-time Retail Team Members to the Wooly Doodle family to support the growth of our local showroom. Our local customers love being able to see and feel our product in-person and you will play an integral role in our retail sales and showroom merchandising and replenishment. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside the other Wooly Doodle team members to gain exposure to other aspects of the business including product development, inventory management and marketing. We offer competitive wages, a kick-ass employee discount and an engaging work environment.
As a Wooly Doodle Retail Team Member, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting customers by dazzling them with your knowledge of Wooly Doodle products
- Mastering our point of sale system and understanding our inventory management system
- Restocking the showroom and making sure it looks awesome
- Maintaining the overall upkeep of the retail floor space, ensuring it’s tidy, clean and inviting
- Opening and closing the retail store as required
You may also assist with:
- Receiving, tagging, barcoding and processing inventory
- Preparing for and attending pop-up markets and shows
- Providing input into product development and seasonal planning
- Product and lifestyle photography shoots
THE SKILLS WE NEED
First and foremost, we are looking for people with a great attitude, awesome sense of humour and strong interest to be immersed in the Wooly Doodle brand as it grows. Attitude is everything and we are ready to teach you everything you’ll need to know.
However, the following skills are an added bonus:
- Retail experience with a high comfort level dealing with point of sale systems (specifically Shopify)
- Any other frontline customer service experience
- Product or fashion merchandising
- Photography and/or graphic design
We are looking to have retail team members join our team as soon as possible! This is a part-time position offering 15-20 hours per week, including Saturdays. There may be an opportunity for increased hours during our busy seasons.
Are you excited by what you’ve read and think you’d be a great addition to the team? Submit your application by clicking the link below and be sure to do it before this posting closes at 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, October 25, 2019. If you have any questions, please feel free to email email@example.com.