We are looking to add a photography assistant to the Wooly Doodle family to support and learn from our in-house photographer and also cover her role during her maternity leave. You will assist with both product and model photography in our studio while also learning our photography style and aesthetic. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside the other Wooly Doodle team members to gain exposure to other aspects of the business including product development, inventory management and marketing. If you are an aspiring or hobby photographer and would like to gain experience working on brand photography or a photographer looking for a more consistent and routine work schedule, this is the opportunity for you!
As our Photography Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing clothing for photography including pulling outfits and steaming
- Assisting with studio equipment including lights, backdrops and props
- Coordinating model communication, information and release forms
- Learning our photography style and taking over some of our photography during the time when our lead photographer is on maternity leave (3 months)
- Offering up creative and fun ideas on how we can showcase our products in our photos and on our models
You may also be asked to assist with:
- Receiving, tagging, and barcoding inventory
- Order packing during high-volume times
- Helping with local order pick-ups
- Helping in our retail showroom
THE SKILLS WE NEED
First and foremost, we are looking for people with a great attitude and strong interest to be immersed in the Wooly Doodle brand.
- Foundational photography skills
- Some photography experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Lightroom
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for learning and a positive attitude and work ethic
- Working with others, demonstrating a strong sense of teamwork
- Working with studio lighting and backdrops
- Working in a retail or merchandising capacity
- Working with children of various ages
- Social media content planning or coordination
This position is a six-month maternity leave cover from April until October, 2021. There will be a possibility of extension following that time which will be reviewed toward the end of the contract. The Assistant Photographer position is a part-time role, offering 15 hours (two days) per week with the possibility of additional days during high-volume times. The successful candidate would work out of our headquarters in Chatham.
Are you excited by what you’ve read and think you’d be a great addition to the team? Submit your application by clicking the link below and be sure to do it before this posting closes at 5:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, April 2, 2021. If you have any questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.